Tuesday, November 16, 2010

living under guilt

According to dictionary.com, guilt is defined as, "a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined."

“Long-term, gospel-motivated obedience can only come from the grace of what Jesus has already done, not the guilt of what we must do.” -Tullian Tchividjian

So thankful for a God, for an Almighty Father that takes it all; One who I want to surrender all to; One who wants me to lay my burdens at His feet so He can set me free.
God doesn't motivate by guilt, He doesn't want us to be motivated by guilt, and He doesn't want us to motivate others by guilt. I used to and sometimes still do struggle with guilt until I realize that it is not from God and it can never be from God - I have to cling to that truth on a daily basis.
I no longer want to do things or function because of guilt I feel. I don't want to do things around the house or for Ben or for loved ones or in my church because I feel a guilt-led responsibilty to do it. I don't to be carrying around this guilt that I wasn't meant to carry, that I have been set free from.
Guilt, I am done living under your never-ending pressure. So done. Set free. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment